[olug] talking about lunch

IrishMASMS at olug.org IrishMASMS at olug.org
Mon Jul 12 20:23:38 UTC 2004

> There have been rumors that the OLUG luncheon attendance at the Clancy's
> location is pretty low and/or sporadic.  Is this true?  Do we need to
> choose a different place, maybe closer to downtown?  There weren't a _lot_
> of people voting last time - maybe everybody that did vote is closer to
> the other location.
>
> I've been at the luncheons (China Buffet) most of the time so far, and
> there are typically 6-9 people there.  Would love to see more of you guys
> show up, though.  The venue seems well-liked by those attending.
>
> The next Luncheon With The Penguin is a week from tomorrow.
>
> Tim

[snipped]

Tim - are you in the ConAgra campus out West or downtown?

Yes, it appears that Clancy's is hit or miss for a venue (not to mention
the closeness to the other venue). In the original thread on the topic way
back when, I think we mentioned having one midtown/west and downtown/south
O. From this traffic, should we also have something over in CB? Or even
down in Bellevue?

I know that both venues are beyond my reach from work; though Cali Taco is
doable - depending on how many drinks I have! ;)