[olug] [OT] Delay of Cox mail??

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:24:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:08:15 -0500 (CDT), jman at neonramp.com
<jman at neonramp.com> wrote:
> You could keep the ISP and locate a differnt email provider to
> resolve your mail delays/speed. Cox's speed can be beat with many
> different services but not without a price.

Except that Cox has smtp shut off in their network, except to one of
their smtp servers.  It's to stop hijacking machines and having them
send out spam, which isn't a bad thing.  You could use a webmail
provider (Yahoo, GMail, etc), but that's desireable to everyone (I
only use my GMail for mailing list stuff)

If you could get an ISP that would let you setup a tunnel to send
out-bound smtp to, that would be great.  But, if they do exist, I
can't afford it.

-- mikeh