[olug] CertConf - GPG/PGP presentation

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Jul 12 18:10:45 UTC 2004

Does anyone plan to partake in this and get free admission to the
CertConf?  If so, please email me back ASAP so we can prepare this
presentation. =)

Thanks
Brian

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:04:24 -0500
Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:

|Volunteers/Leaders needed:
|
|wrt: http://lists.olug.org/pipermail/olug/2004-June/013821.html
|
|Do you want to help spread the word of how to use PGP/GPG to the masses?
|If so, please email me back or to the list and let everyone know -- we
|need OLUG members to help present a 75min session on this at CertConf
|(www.certconf.org) August 3-5.  Unsure of the presentation schedule yet,
|but I would definately like to amass a collection of simple 1-2 page HTML
|"howtos" (with screenshots) on how to setup PGP/GPG on "your favorite MUA
|and platform".  We could work these into the presentation for some simple
|demos... and while this presentation outline is still forming, some
|ideas:
|
|title something like ~: "PGP/GPG - Why aren't YOU using it?"

|- history/background of PGP/GPG
|- overview Public key cryto, web of trust
|- howto do common functions in windows and gnu/linux
|  - sign/verify signatures, encrypt files, key signing, find pub keys...
|- HOWTO short session demo on setting it up for email
| .. could take a vote, and follow one of the howtos to demo in
|presentation
|
|Chris Cashell has volunteered to help out, but we definately could use
|some more howto guides at least, and even volunteers to help present and
|organize some content slides.  If we could get the 'howto's on a wiki or
|website, that would be nice and accessible.
|I call dibs on:
|- Sylpheed and Sylpheed Claws on GNU/Linux

|I hear Adam Header could do GPG and Pine?
|
|who else?
|
|Thanks all - this also gets you free admission into certconf, but I need
|to know who else is committed to this ASAP.
|
|Brian

|--