[olug] [OT] Delay of Cox mail??

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Mon Jul 12 16:42:20 UTC 2004

Depending on your location,  there is Microlnk (Wispair).  They are a
wireless internet provider.  I have been using them for a while now and
have been satisfied with them.  While they were Wispair they had a very
nice routed netowrk (Thanks Neal)....when Microlnk aquired them they
started flattening out the network,  congestion got to be an issue for a
while, but a couple months ago they started segregating it again.
Congestion has been almost eliminated, at least on my leg of the
network.

I have only had latency issues twice and that was while we were having
those 50 mph wind storms in the spring.  They advertise 256Kb
up/down....but I have been seeing rate from 500 - 700Kb,  which isnt bad
even for online gaming.

Trent Melcher
Network/System Administrator
Startouch International LTD.