[olug] suse 9.1

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu Jul 8 07:02:16 UTC 2004

RE: mouse scroll, I had a similar problem, to fix it, I ran SaX2 and under
mice I enabled the scroll wheel in the expert tab. a diff on my XF86Config
shows a few options changed, notably:

( In the Section "InputDevice")

  Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice" ( was /dev/mouse )
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection" ( added line )
  Option       "Protocol" "explorerps/2" ( was imps/2 )

and another Option to note ( this was already in there )... this is the actual
"scroll" functionality Option:

  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

I use a Microsoft Optical wheel mouse connected via USB