RE_ [olug] Second Monitor

Ken emptymm at cox.net
Thu Jan 29 22:39:01 UTC 2004

G.M. wrote:

>> su (or sudo) to root and type "telinit 3",  this should drop you to
>> runlevel 3.  See if you still have blank screen..
>> -Ken
>>

> No luck there but thanks for the idea.

Last few suggestions I can think of:

1) Try switching to console using Ctrl+Alt+F1 and see if you get the
blank screen (you can switch back to X using Ctrl+Alt+F7)..

2) A. Try turning off the TV and before killing X (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
    B. Try turning off and unplugging the TV from the video card before
killing X.

3) add
Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "TV"
to your Device section, restart X and then try dropping to console again
(killing X).

4) Try commenting out "suspend" in "Option "DPMS" "suspend"" in the
Device section. (unlikely this is the issue).

5) Search: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

-Ken