[olug] MythTV / Cox Digital Cable

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Tue Jan 27 20:11:51 UTC 2004

Never tried, but I am curious about the quality of your digital recordings,
since your using the DCT2000, does that mean you're you're just taking the
output from the box and feeding into a Svideo or Composite input on the
computer?  (as opposed to a DTV tuner card?)  And then going back out
through a Video Card to the TV?

I'm pretty impressed with my PVR350's MPEG2 encoding and more so on the
decoding.  The hardware decoding puts the Svideo out of my NVidia FX5700 to
shame.  On the downside, it can't do anything else very well...display and
XSession, openGL, etc.  So it does the TV part of Myth really well, but
doesn't do so good with anything else...Music, Browser, Game, etc etc.
...and that's just with 'regular' cable...

-t