[olug] Second monitor

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Tue Jan 27 21:04:11 UTC 2004

Nvtv is a different program.  Things like TVOUT didn't used to be supported
under linux, but now they are.

Nvtv still has some benefits over NVidia drivers...for example tvoverscan in
the NVidia driver doesn't seem to work particularly well with some
cards...(you always have a black border around the TV).

Also check out the nvnews message boards.  They have all kinds of info about
specific setups.

FYI I've had much better luck using the sh driverversion.run installer from
NVidia than using RPMs from anyone else, especially when using non-stock
kernels....but of course NVidia's .run file doesn't with SUSE for some
reason...

-t

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_archive.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/