[olug] Testing ignore.

Ken emptymm at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 19:20:13 UTC 2004

Eric Penne wrote:
> This test was done because I wasn't getting any email to the olug.org
> domain.  All email to olug.org was mysteriously disappearing.  This
> message is done from squirrelmail on the olug.org server so i think it may
> just be processed internally and actaully get to my account.  This would
> tell me that an external connection to olug.org is not available for
> delivery of my olug.org email.  If it is not processed internally then
> qmail or some other program is holding up the email.  I know it will get
> fixed eventually but I thought I would try it.  It is probably an internal
> error because I haven't gotten a bounce back from any messages I've sent
> from external addresses.  The mail queue is probably very full.
>
> Thanks
> Eric

Looks to me like olug.org's smtp is working (or at least accepting mail
into the queue, can't vouch for mailbox delivery).
-Ken

[krm at mmhost1:~]$ dig olug.org mx
olug.org.               10800   IN      MX      10 mail.olug.org.

[krm at mmhost1:~]$ telnet mail.olug.org 25
Trying 216.40.17.98...
Connected to olug.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
helo macferrin.com