[olug] xterm settings

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Jan 26 06:55:31 UTC 2004

alias xterm="xterm -fg yellow -bg black"

in your .bashrc, and set your default shell in /etc/passwd to /bin/bash,
running "chsh" may also work to change your shell

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:18:38 -0800 (PST)
CM Miller <cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:

|Anyone using xterm?
|
|I'm running Slackware 9.1 and I want to set it so when
|launching xterm from Fluxbox menu that the default
|shell is bash and the settings for the screen is black
|on yellow text.
|
|Right now, I have to type the following to set the
|text up:
|
|xterm -fg yellow -bg black
|
|I believe there should be something under ~ called
|.xresources, but there isn't, which controls the
|setting for xterm.
|
|thanks

|-Chris

|=====
|Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone

|-Madonna, Like A Prayer

Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keyserver: pgp.dtype.org
phone: 402.932.5490  aim: unolinuxguru  www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese