[olug] BK - may I take your order? (wireless hack)

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 17:06:35 UTC 2004

After reading about this from Brian's earlier post, I
then heard this discussed on Wednesday's "Off the
Hook".  Apparently, fast food drive-thru's basically
operate like walkie-talkies, with one frequency used
for the customer to talk to the store and another for
the store to talk to the customer.  Also apparently,
each fast food chain has it's own frequency ranges for
this, so changing frequencies could interfere with
another chain's drive through.

Here's the link to the show, if anyone's interesed,
look for the 1/14/04 show.  I think it was somewhere
near the beginning.

http://www.2600.com/offthehook/2004/0104.html

Vince

--- Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:
> I'd think most of it is probably done with ham radio
> tranceivers.
>
> i.e.
> frequency list
> http://www.webspawner.com/users/firefighter631/
> discussion
> http://www.dis.org/phon-e/RadioHackin.txt

=====
"In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn."