[olug] PHP tcp devel

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Tue Jan 13 17:01:48 UTC 2004

Is anyone out there doing any TCP level development with PHP? I'm not a
developer, but the developer here is trying to tell me we need to
upgrade to PHP 4.3 to support socket streams. He's trying to read a data
stream from a TCP connection (credit auth stuff).
I'm using RH AS 2.1 with PHP 4.1 (the newest available PHP RPM package
for this platform) and have a hard time believing we're the first
business to attempt this. I simply don't believe that all the businesses
out there using RH AS 2.1 can't use PHP to read data from a TCP socket.

Help?

-- Ryan