[olug] photo album publishing

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Thu Jan 1 21:48:52 UTC 2004

Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
12/31/2003 03:00 PM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [olug] photo album publishing

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:31:15 -0600
Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com wrote:

|Can anyone recommend a good console based tool which will create html
|index pages with thumbnails to publish photo collections?
|I know there are many listed at freshmeat.net, but I'd rather try a
|recommended package than start randomly testing them all....

album ... from marginalhacks.com (or apt-get install), it's awesome!  you
can do several different themes, just requires imagemagick, run from the
command line - no php stuff or database required.  also, the Konqueror
file manager in KDE this option built it ... "Tools -> Create Image
Gallery" or Ctrl+I shortcut.

http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/

heres a sample of my roomate's truck:
http://www.awdonline.com/personal/public/ram/

--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keysvr: pgp.dtype.org