[olug] Hardware problems on an HP desktop

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 05:11:59 UTC 2004

Well, swapping out the memory didn't help.

I've considered the power supply, but I (irrationally?) deduced that if there's
any kind of power to the system, then the power supply must be alright.
Obviously, Bill, you think otherwise.  I have a spare power supply so I'll give
that a go.

I also considered that the MOBO may be the problem.  I dug around on ebay a
while back and found the same MOBO for ~$30-40.  Now I can't find what model it
is on HP's site (they updated the specs page and dummied down the specs! @#$&)
Jay, once I figure out the mobo model (ASUS??), I'll check with you to see if
you have one and/or can get one in stock.

Thanks for your input.
Eric Pierce