[olug] newbie question...

Collard, John John.Collard at aquila.com
Mon Feb 23 15:37:53 UTC 2004

I've been using redhat 9 for about 6 months. (my first version of Linux).  I always run eclipse from xterm.

This weekend I tried to put it on the menu, but could not get it to work using the KDE menu program.  The item shows up just fine in the menu, but the app won't start.  I've tried setting it up to run in the terminal or not, but don't know what, if any parameters I should pass to the terminal.   The doc's also weren't very clear.

Also, the App killer keeping my windows system running is Quicken.  I installed GNU Cash this weekend.  Any opinions on Cash/other alternatives?

Any help?

System: RH9 (non-networked), running KDE.

Thanks,
John

john.collard at aquila.com