[olug] mon feb 23 @ 8:30pm - blackhat 03 - MiTM attacks

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Feb 22 01:33:17 UTC 2004

Dear lists,

The Information Security Special Interest Group (SIG-INFOSEC) of the
University of Nebraska at Omaha student chapter of the Association for
Computing Machinery (UNO ACM) would like to invite you to our next video
presentation of a talk given at past Defcon and Blackhat conferences.

This week's selection is:

Con: Blackhat 2003
Tape: V12 - Man in The Middle Attacks by Valleri and Omaghis
more info:
http://blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-03/bh-usa-03-speakers.html#Valleri
slides: http://acm.unomaha.edu/dnld/bh-us-03-ornaghi-valleri.pdf

comments:  Previewing this tape I found quite interesting with
entertaining presenters, but it would have been much better in person.
There is some presentation holdups due to technical issues and the video
is not always in sync with the presentation, but overall - a good one to
watch.

UNO ACM SIG-INFOSEC tries to meet once a week to screen one of these tapes
and have an open discussion on the topic.  Meetings are open to the
general public and are usually held in PKI Room 279 on Monday nights @
8:30pm for this Spring 2004 semester.

Thanks
Brian
--
Brian Wiese          "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
bwiese(at)cotse.com  gpg: 0x2FD6AF16    keyserver: pgp.dtype.org