[olug] Bookmark synchornization utility for Netscape/Mozilla/Galleon/etc...

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Fri Feb 6 19:41:11 UTC 2004

(I apologize in advance for cross-posting to the Omaha Linux and Omaha
Perl users group mailing lists -- just delete one or both of these e-mails
if it bothers you. - Dan)

Guys,

  Has anyone seen a script/program that I could put into my login script
that will allow me to save/merge my various bookmark files from my
workstations?  I'd like something that will use a central site to store
the file on and synchronize the local copy with the remote copy (i.e.
merging the file with the local file and then pushing the merged file
back to the remote server).  This way my multiple workstations can have
the same bookmark file and I don't have to worry about loosing bookmarks
when/if one of the hard drives dies.

  I suppose I could write a perl script to do this, but I'd rather not
re-invent the wheel.

Dan