[olug] Debian

Steve Busby Steve at Busby.com
Mon Feb 2 12:22:49 UTC 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 09:58 pm, John DiMartino wrote:
> I started installing Gentoo and ran into a problem right away.
>
> I am installing Gentoo on my home computer - I have XP on another
> partition of hda.  I am going to have Gentoo set up in an extended
> partition with 3 partitions, a 5 gig root, 500mb swap, and a 5 gig home
> directory.  Everything went okay but when I went to extract stage3 it
> died right away and said:
>
> "tar:  ./bin/bzegrep: Wrote only 0 of 10240 bytes
> tar: Skipping to next header"
>
> I assume the reason why it is freaking out is because I am out of disk
> space but I'm not sure where Gentoo extracts these packages by default.
>   Any help would be appreciated.  I'm not a noob but I'm not anywhere
> near guru yet.
>
> Thanks guys,
> John

John,

http://forums.gentoo.org can be your friend.  Plugging your "./bin/bzegrep"
into the Gentoo forum quick search gave me this result:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=117530&highlight=bin+bzegrep

IRT your disk sizes, you can build Gentoo on a pretty small disk, I've done it
on a small 5Gb total, however, I didn't install any X, OO, or anything else
gui based.

--
BuzB

Registered Linux User 216668 on
Registered Machine 189657 at
http://counter.li.org
Register your Uptime at: http://uptimes.hostingwired.com

Current System Stats:
Linux 2.4.22-26mdk #1 Wed Jan 7 10:47:21 MST 2004 i686
 06:14:00 up 9 days, 10:45,  1 user,  load average: 1.08, 1.27, 1.18
Seti work units completed: 15922
Seti client running: 9-08:50:49
Percentage complete: 30.0803
Last result returned: (Mon Feb  2 08:34:46 2004)