[olug] Debian

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 06:08:12 UTC 2004

--- John DiMartino <john_dimartino at mac.com> wrote:

> I really like Knoppix but I am stuck between noob
> and guru

Well, if you're still a newbie, which I am as well,
there's really no point in swan-diving in over your
head and, while I've never even seen a GenToo install,
I get the feeling that's what you'd be doing in
essence.  Try something simple(r) at first, like
Knoppix or a Red Hat type, or possibly even a SuSE
(going by what I saw on at the Install-Fest).
Remember, babysteps first, Grasshopper...

Vince

=====
"In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn."