[olug] Debian

John DiMartino john_dimartino at mac.com
Mon Feb 2 03:58:41 UTC 2004

I started installing Gentoo and ran into a problem right away.

I am installing Gentoo on my home computer - I have XP on another
partition of hda.  I am going to have Gentoo set up in an extended
partition with 3 partitions, a 5 gig root, 500mb swap, and a 5 gig home
directory.  Everything went okay but when I went to extract stage3 it
died right away and said:

"tar:  ./bin/bzegrep: Wrote only 0 of 10240 bytes
tar: Skipping to next header"

I assume the reason why it is freaking out is because I am out of disk
space but I'm not sure where Gentoo extracts these packages by default.
  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm not a noob but I'm not anywhere
near guru yet.

Thanks guys,
John