[olug] Belkin KVM switch problems

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Thu Dec 30 18:25:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:07:24PM -0600, Dave Thacker wrote:
> We've just brought in a 16-port Belkin KVM switch (PS/2 keyboard connectors)
> to create a common console for our linux servers.   The computers we're
> attaching are all rack-mount HP servers running SuSE 9.0 and 9.1.

What model HP servers are we talking about? Some of those have iLO which
will let you access the console over the network.

I've been pondering the ProLiant DL380 G4 for an upcoming server purchase,
partially because of the iLO. THe ability (and included examples) of it to
be scripted using Perl could be very handy for automated deployment.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org