[olug] Belkin KVM switch problems

Dave Thacker dthacker at omnihotels.com
Wed Dec 29 03:07:24 UTC 2004

We've just brought in a 16-port Belkin KVM switch (PS/2 keyboard connectors)
to create a common console for our linux servers.   The computers we're
attaching are all rack-mount HP servers running SuSE 9.0 and 9.1.  We're
having a series of problems with this combination.  We've had to replace one
switch becuase 8 of the 16 ports were dead.   When we attempt to boot using
the replacement, we either get a keyboard error that won't allow the boot
process to continue, or the boot process finishes and the keyboard does not
respond .
I'm wondering if any of the OLUG folks have seen these problems and have found
fixes for them.

TIA
DT
--