[olug] wmv to something portable?

Adam Lassek adam.lassek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 22:18:53 UTC 2004

What kind of tool is Windows Media Encoder? Is it linear or
non-linear? For Linear editing/encoding in Linux, avidemux is really
good; for non-linear, you can use kino.

On the windows platform, Virtualdub is one of the most useful encoding
tools available--and it's GPL software. There are lots of good
tutorials on how to use it at doom9.org. If you need non-linear
editing, you'll have to buy something. Vdub combined with Xvid
(http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml) is your best bet to make sure
everyone can use it.