[olug] Internet Access

Nathan D.Rotschafer nrotschafer at geniussystems.net
Wed Dec 15 03:29:19 UTC 2004

As was previously mentioned...it isn't that you can't get around cox
not wanting servers.  It is trying to explain to other mail servers why
you don't have mail on port 25 that it is instead 995 (dunno how you
might even do this with normal DNS).  Second explaining to users to
goto http://jlaudio.geniussystems.net:8080 instead of
http://jlaudio.geniussystems.net is sometimes hard.  And last qwest
doesn't just "turn the other way" they really don't care if you do it
and in fact encouraged me on several occasions to use the bandwidth to
learn and do what I want.  Whereas, Cox could shut you off if they
wanted to be mean about it...

Nathan D. Rotschafer
Home: (402) 778-NATE
Cell: (402) 216-9270