[olug] Internet Access

Trent Melcher trent at wispair.net
Tue Dec 14 02:55:02 UTC 2004

I had Qwest DSL when I lived in Elkhorn (now live 3 miles north of Elkhorn).
Their service was awesome...the download/upload speeds were great and
latency was non-existant.  I did have Cox prior to that and opted to switch
for that fact that they block ports....running a webserver was no big deal,
except when your trying to tell non-computer literate relatives how to add a
port number after the web address so they can see your website.

They other problem I ran into with Cox was they over saturated the network
ring I was on so I never could get over 900K down...with DSL I was always
right at the 1.5M down.  However your mileage will vary depending where in
the area you live.

BTW I think NEONRAMP provides ISP service for DSL in the area too.

Trent