[olug] SQL transaction log shipping

Rod Hurley rhurley at tmvgas.com
Tue Aug 31 14:17:45 UTC 2004

This is more of a DBA question and not so much a Linux one, but I could
use some advice.  I will be setting up a disaster recovery offsite
server to receive transaction logs from my SQL 2000 Enterprise server.
Has anyone here used the log shipping features with SQL Enterprise,
specifically through firewalls?

I have enough documentation on how to set it up, but I would like the
skinny on what "really" happens when we try it, (not Bill Gates'
comments) and any good ideas we might need to apply.

Rod Hurley
Network Administrator
Tenaska Marketing Ventures
ph:  402-758-6187