[olug] booting

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Tue Aug 31 08:03:48 UTC 2004

Question:  Mandrake's lock/log out applet on an unsecured system gives
the option to reboot and select the system to reboot into.  For example,
I have Windows XP and Linux dual booting, Linux is my default under GRUB
but it would allow me to reboot and select windows, that way I didn't
have to sit and wait for the splash screen to appear to select windows
manually.  Is this possible with SuSE9.0 and GRUB?  I looked into reboot
and init options but could not find anything.

Configuration:  Dual booting SuSE9.0 and Windows XP on a 120 gig hard
drive.
hda1 = 42G and is Windows
hda5, 6, 7 & 8 are Linux and hda5 is default.  6 is swap, 7 is home and
8 is a server partition I made.

Jake