[olug] Cox High Speed Internet

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Mon Aug 23 14:19:31 UTC 2004

It really amazes me too how far we have come in that short amount of
time with computers.  Remember when the Internet was (MILNET/ARPANET)..I
was looking at a sendmail config file on an old SPARC 10 I have and saw
the old configuration for the relay mailer,  had DMddn for (Defense Data
Network).  Man that has been some years.  I remember walking shoeboxes
full of punch cards up the the card reader to load your jobs up on the
mainframe (and pray you didn't trip, LOL).  Then along came a Sperry DCP
10, and an IBM 8088 ( I think it had 64K of RAM and a 10Meg hard
drive)...after that I didn't have to worry about tripping anymore,
LOL...

Trent

Trent Melcher
Network/System Administrator