[olug] Cox High Speed Internet

Don Kauffman dekauff at cox.net
Mon Aug 23 10:17:39 UTC 2004

Will et al,

Sure it's silly but it's harmless fun reminiscing! Trying to top each
others memories is half the fun (I sort of wrote programs in focal and
HP-Basic with a teletype, etc). It helps to give some perspective on
where we are now. It wasn't that long ago that 5 1/4 inch floppies were
common and 8 inch discs were passe or sneakernet was the way viruses
were carried.

We've come an amazingly long way in the past forty years. I'm interested
to wee where we go technologically in the next 40.

My $0.02 worth.

Don