[olug] Cox High Speed Internet

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 21:54:41 UTC 2004

Um . . . in 1982 I would dial into a BBS with my Radio
Shack Color Computer II and a 300bps (that's .3kbps)
modem.  I remember when 2.4kbps came out, and that was
screaming! 9.6kbps was unheard of for
consumer/residential use, that kind of speed was for
data centers!

On a side note, I would then have to download to audio
tape, shut down, remove the modem cartridge, plug in
the floppy drive cartridge, start up, and transfer
from audio tape to floppy drive.

OS/9 was a POSIX OS for the Color Computer and it was
awesome!

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com