[olug] Finally, geek for a living

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Aug 19 19:03:10 UTC 2004

olug-bounces at olug.org wrote on 08/19/2004 11:17:21 AM:

> I think the people you work with are the key -- if you enjoy working
> with them, a somewhat lower pay doesn't matter.  And do what you love
> -- if you don't like techy stuff, get out of it.

This is SOOOO true.  Life is too short to spend 1/3rd of your life at a job
you hate.  No amount of money is worth being miserable when there's most
likely a job out there that you can at least find mildly satisfying that
will still pay the bills.

I count myself blessed that I have a job that I like, great co-workers, and
it pays the bills well enough that I can let my wife stay home with my
kids.

To paraphrase X-files "The job is out there".

Bill