[olug] [OT] New Printer

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:14:37 UTC 2004

A week ago, Electronic Recyclers has several HP LaserJet 5m's for
$40.00.  They raised their prices 400 percent!  The "m" stands for
macintosh which means it generally has built-in PostScript.  Most all
of them have just as much or more memory.  If not, ask nicely and Andy
will let you try their memory modules - they usually like to just get
rid of the old ones.   I like the built-in JetDirect ($300.00 if
bought new) card because i don't have to have all my printers within
about 6 feet of a PC.  Of course, the major drawback is that they do
NOT duplex automatically.