[olug] OT: redhat 8.0 rpm help

unfie at cox.net unfie at cox.net
Fri Aug 13 23:03:34 UTC 2004

I've got a remote dedicated box that I'm root on.  I'm attempting to install the Bolinos Web CMS system on.  I can go through and create the MySQL stuff all fine and get the permissions all good, and all the other fun stuff.

There's a problem with the installation, though. Bolinos wants a PHP that can do GD v2.0 or newer.  The GD with the system is currently 1.8.x... so... my pages etc get an arse load of warnings/errors.

I've grabbed the SRPM to php for the system (v4.2.2) which is supposed to have an internal GD v2.x.  I can `rpm -i` the SRPM, but my rpm executable doesn't have any --rebuild, -ba, or -bb command line options.

My question is: how do I go about building this SRPM ?!  Note: I'm a born and bread slackware user for almost 8 years... never liked RedHat much so I'm a bit unfamiliar with the RedHat Way (TM).

-Will