[olug] Physical limits of CD Rom

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Thu Aug 12 02:21:41 UTC 2004

I'm making a (tool-box machine) with knoppix running off of cd rom. What I'd like some insite on is what you all think a generic cd rom would hold up to 6 to 10 inch drops for very long. Not while running of course.
  I cant really afford a laptop right now but I need a machine that I know really well at work. Oh and show off the knoppix wonder.
  Big Tux sticker hopfully to be on the side of my tool box soon.

    lemme know what yall think.