[olug] Hardware settings lost on Mandrake 10

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 06:47:52 UTC 2004

I'm having a problem lately with my some of my
hardware settings "disappearing" after I reboot my
system.  It's mostly just an annoyance, but didn't
happen previous to a reload of my workstation.
Basically, on startup, my NVIDIA drivers have to be
reinstalled about 75% of the time before I can start
xwindows.  Once I'm in X, I then have to run the
autodection on my tv tuner card.
Anyone seen anything like this before?  Everything is
up to date as far as any patches I can get.
I'm tempted to just to a reload again and see if that
fixes the issue, but any imput would be much
appreciated.

=====
http://www.ericshaus.com