[olug] Irish refers to himself as a newbie

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Apr 30 14:50:22 UTC 2004

I'll agree with this.  I've been playing with Linux for 10 years (off and
on) and I consider myself a competent Linux user, but beyond that I
wouldn't call myself an expert.  I think that in general Linux is still
very much a programmer/developer oriented platform, although some distros
are putting on enough layers of GUI and user-friendly stuff that it is
beginning to be useable without having to do things the uber-geek way.

Program installation is still a major weakness, but it's starting to come
around.

Bill