[olug] Re: Millard Computer Fair

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Thu Apr 29 06:32:45 UTC 2004

At Wed, 28 Apr 04, Unidentified Flying Banana OBrien, Timothy  (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG), said:
> [sigh]
>
> http://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Where+to+get+the+best%2Fcheapest+hardware+in+the+local+area%3F
> or
> http://olug.org/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=48

That's a cool link, and has some good references, but it's not exactly
what I'm looking for.

I was thinking more along the lines of a page where people could say
things like:

Offered: Athlon 64 mobo
  Hey, I've got an extra Athlon 64 motherboard, supports foo, and I'd be
  willing to part with it for $20.

or

Wanted: 9GB+ UW SCSI HDD
  If anyone has a U/W SCSI hard drive, 9GB or larger, that's collecting
  dust, let me know.

It should also, probably, include a posting date, and some sort of
contact information (OLUG website username, at least).

It should also preferably be something that could be easily updated by
the person who posted it (so they could remove listings that are no
longer applicable), and all listings should probably time out after,
say, 90 days (if a listing is still valid after 90 days, the poster can
just repost it) to reduce clutter.