Re: [olug] Info USA layoffs?

m0ntar3 at cox.net m0ntar3 at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 13:30:30 UTC 2004

<warning type="off topic" subtype="rant">

 From what I hear, you're not wrong. That job post looks like some HR
staffer justifying their existense. I've seen other posts like this go
past on Careerlink over the months.

InfoUSA, Ameritrade, West Corp (just to name 3) are companies (read
"bootlicker bootcamps") that hire and fire in batches of what they
consider "unskilled" labor. Much of the dirty work is santized through
staffing companies (read "pimps"). The pimping cycle completes before
any employer-employee commitment is developed (2--3 months).

If I were to tell me that this attitude (non-accountability,
no-owernship, replaceable-part humanoidals) doesn't permenate through
the IT insulation barrier I'd be kidding me.

InfoUSA off http://news.google.com:

Shrink?
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=46&u_sid=1076426

Grow?