[olug] OT Novell Linux gamble paying off.

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Apr 20 22:02:11 UTC 2004

After being out at the annual Novell technical conference I can say that I
think Novell is going to do pretty well with Linux, IF they can effectively
tap into the "buzz" that Linux has right now.  That means convincing the
suits that Linux can help them solve their business issues, while at the
same time convincing the OSS community that they're not trying to hijack
Linux for some nefarious purpose.  Their many contributions to the OSS code
base should go a long ways towards accomplishing the latter, but they still
have to accomplish the former.

I have to say that I saw a lot of really cool stuff out in Salt Lake
running on/with Linux.

Now if NUI can just get the Lincoln chapter out of the morgue and
resurrected.

Bill