[olug] quiet PC - how to do this?

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Tue Apr 20 20:00:19 UTC 2004

For those who don't know, I do car audio as well.  I will attest that Dynamat
has products to deaden metal.  Ring a bell,  it rings.  Put dynamat on it,
and its just is a "tink".  No ringing.  Dynamat extreme (a sheet of tar-like
rubber material) will work well on a computer case, I know people who have
done it.  Dont be worried about the tar-like material and heat.  It
withstands 100+ temps in a car.

NOTE:  Your computer case acts like a heatsink to the ENTIRE PC.  By covering
the inside with some non-heat conductive material... you could possibly
increase the temperature within case.  But you can run your fans louder,
because they wont resonate on the case (the ROOT of the problem).