[olug] Call for Wireless Card Demo under Linux

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nicusa.com
Tue Apr 13 15:57:00 UTC 2004

That is odd, the only thing I ever seem to have a problem with when it
comes to wireless under linux is getting kismet to work.  I usually just
punt and drop in a knoppix CD when I want to scan for stuff, either that
or break out the ipaq.

Maybe it is just my hardware, toshiba laptops with internal orinoco
chipsets or external prism based cards but I have never had problems
getting a wireless connection up and running.

And no I'm not volunteering ;)  I haven't the breadth of the experience
on wireless cards under linux and haven't even gotten around to testing
2.6 yet (does nvidia have drivers out finally?)

However I am willing to try and help out anyone who is having problems.
    Feel free to email me or kick me in the #olug channel on freenode
and I might wake up ;) I'm usually on during business hours.