[olug] What to do with old cable modems

Nathan D. Rotschafer nrotschafer at geniussystems.net
Sun Apr 11 05:50:07 UTC 2004

I just feel compelled to add that my DSL service has had 100% uptime except
when _I_ take it down or change something (like rewiring my rack).  As a
side note I got bumped back down then back up so my final speed is 1.5 mbits
down and 1.0 mbits up.  Basically the $28 DSL line now just lets you have
whatever speed you can achieve or at least that is what they did for me.
They said 1.5 up was generating too many errors or something like that.

Nate