[olug] Senmail relaying

Terry td3201 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 16:38:12 UTC 2004

> 	otherdomain.com MX 10 domino.maindomain.com.
> Is this name server Internal???
> If so create a new db.otherdomain.com file, the
> outside world doesnt care if
> this domain doesnt exist in reality.

I don't mean to be difficult but isn't that a security
concern?  I don't see how anyone would want to publish
internal information on the Internet.  For example,
let's say you have an A-Record for this internal
domain called mysql or sql or oracle, that potential
cracker would know where to check for those exploits
once he is in your network....cuts his/her time by 10
in searching for hosts on the Internal network
(without being detected [ping scans]).

I know this isn't the thread to rant on about this but
there is my $0.02 on that topic. :)

=====
Terry