[olug] What to do with old cable modems

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Apr 3 18:32:24 UTC 2004

<quote who="Charles Bird">
> theres gotta be some hill billy engineering rig-up thing that one could do
> with an old cable modem....coax..hmm....my brain just keeps thinking of
> old school token ring.  dunno
>  If u find out anything cool let me know.

Hmm, two copies of the same message... weird.

Anyway, the only thing I have seen on cable modems is 'uncapping' the
bandwidth limitation your ISP places on your cable modem. Any uncapping is
normally a violation of your ToS & you loose your access - if they catch
you.

GTFG for information on uncapping - it is out there; though it is nothing
I would suggest.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson