[olug] apache w/ mod_ssl, http on 80 and https on 443?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Sep 28 03:26:37 UTC 2003

is that possible?  I'm having the darnest config with apache w/ mod_ssl...
it seems SSL is an all or nothing game.  Can one configure a regular
apache server to listen to both HTTP on port 80 and HTTPS on port 443 at
the same time?

Doesn't seem so for me, don't know why... here's some sample config... any
ideas?  Do I need to run 2 seperate apache servers, one to listen HTTP on
port 80 and one to listen HTTPS on port 443?

Thanks... (I've had this problem before, but got annoyed at running 2
apaches I guess)

from /etc/apache/httpd.conf

Port 80

<IfModule mod_ssl.so>
Listen 80
Listen 443

AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType appliation/x-pkcs7-crl .crl

SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol all
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM
SSLPassPhraseDialog builtin
SSLSessionCache dbm:/var/run/ssl_cache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300
SSLMutex file:/var/run/ssl_mutex
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
SSLLog /var/log/apache/ssl_engine_log
SSLLogLevel warn

SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/server.key
SSLCACertificatePath conf/ssl.crt
SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt
SSLCARevocationPath conf/ssl.crl

SSLVerifyClient none
SSLVerifyDepth 10

## Per Directory SSL required option
<Location /secure/auth>
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 1
</Location>
</IfModule>

peace, cheers

 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru