[olug] Free to a good home: ancient Compaq Proliant

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Thu Sep 25 16:38:28 UTC 2003

   I have a Compaq Proliant 1500 sitting here that needs some
unconditional love. Its a 128 meg Pentium 166, its got five 4.3 gig SCSI
drives and a PCI raid controller. I have a stack of spare CD rom drives,
power supply fans, a dual Pentium Pro 200 CPU card with dram and VRMs,
and I know where to get 9.0 and 18.0 gig disks for it for pretty cheap.

   Keep in mind this thing weighs around seventy pounds and it has the
benefit of being slightly less noisy than a vacuum cleaner.

   Its currently running FreeBSD 4.9-prerelease and there are good docs
for how to get Redhat going.

   I think Irish has dibs since he has some of these little lovelies
where he works ...

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic