[olug] RE: Gentoo vs Red Hat (was Red Hat network and update removal)

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Thu Sep 25 15:40:58 UTC 2003

There is a HUGE learning curve to Gentoo.  I personally love the distro,  and
wouldnt go back.  In my opinion RedHat is the exact total opposite, and I do
not like redhat.  There are distros in the middle like debian.  Ill put Suse,
redhat and mandrake at one end.  Debian in the middle. and Slackware a little
left of the middle.  Finally gentoo all the way to the left.

I really dont care for any distros on the right.  The one thing that Gentoo
DOESNT have that does kind of bother me is there are no rc.0 - rc.6
directories.  im not even too sure exactly where all the stuff is stored.