[olug] mailing list email mangaling

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed Sep 24 03:18:50 UTC 2003

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 03:28 PM, Brian Wiese wrote:
> |Mailman supports mangling of email addresses in archive.  Olug uses
> |Mailman.  So why doesn't the Olug list use that functionality?
>
> I've tried that option on a mailing list I manage with mailman, it
> didn't
> seem to do anything whatsoever.  It was a mailing list hosted at UNO
> though, but I think I've looked into it with the developers awhile ago,
> and there was some work that needed to be done.  mhonarc is a mailing
> list
> archiver that I know supports this, but it is not a mailing list -
> only an
> archiver so it requires more work.
>
> http://mhonarc.org/

FWIW, I use MHonArc's mangling for this list:

http://omaha.pm.org/emails/2003/maillist.html

Via:

export E=$HOME/web_docs/emails
$HOME/MHonArc/bin/mhonarc --outdir $E/2003 \
    $E/md-archives/*.03* \
    -title "omaha.pm.org 2003" -ttitle "omaha.pm.org 2003" \
    -spammode -rcfile $HOME/mhonarc.mrc

(-spammode does the mangling, the rest for reference.)

Cheers,