[olug] BAMP vs LAMP

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 03:16:14 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Peterson" <mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com>

> I am currently use LAMP and am considering using BAMP.
> I have only been keeping up on FreeBSD as an alternate.
> I get the CD subscription each time one is released as a subscriber.
> I have been playing with FreeBSD some since 1998.
> I have not used MySQL or PHP with it yet though.
> The FreeBSD 5.0 and 5.1 were sent out but they do not work properly.
> FreeBSD 4.8 is the latest stable release that I was sent.
> I use Red Hat for LAMP at present.
> Due to Red Hat no longer selling a consumer release and other Linux
issues,
> I am looking toward FreeBSD to replace LAMP.
> I was just wanting to see what type of results users of FreeBSD or OpenBSD
> are having with setting up and running Apache, MySQL, and PHP with them
> versus Linux as the OS.
me too<g> Seriously, some have raised the possiblity of some *BSD
presentations/install fests et al. I would really be interested in talking
to others who have moved from *nix to *bsd.  I'm in a position now to
possibly print some *bsd in house.  I'd just add Python on to the acronym
BAMPP.

-Jeff

---