[olug] BAMP vs LAMP

Mike Peterson mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Mon Sep 22 20:46:53 UTC 2003

I am currently use LAMP and am considering using BAMP.
I have only been keeping up on FreeBSD as an alternate.
I get the CD subscription each time one is released as a subscriber.
I have been playing with FreeBSD some since 1998.
I have not used MySQL or PHP with it yet though.
The FreeBSD 5.0 and 5.1 were sent out but they do not work properly.
FreeBSD 4.8 is the latest stable release that I was sent.
I use Red Hat for LAMP at present.
Due to Red Hat no longer selling a consumer release and other Linux issues,
I am looking toward FreeBSD to replace LAMP.
I was just wanting to see what type of results users of FreeBSD or OpenBSD
are having with setting up and running Apache, MySQL, and PHP with them
versus Linux as the OS.